Funded by J. Robert Maxwell ’43, the J. Robert Maxwell ’43 Student Internship Endowment (hereinafter, the Maxwell Internship Award) is intended to support students who can demonstrate financial need in completing off-campus internship experiences. The internship is not restricted to any geographic location, major, or type of institution (e.g. academic, for-profit, non-profit, government).
Students are eligible to apply for the Maxwell Internship Award if:
- You are currently are currently a sophomore or junior enrolled at W&J
- You have You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- You are in good financial and disciplinary standing with the College
- Prior to the application deadline, you have secured or you are in process of securing an internship that will be completed in Summer 2017
- You need financial assistance to complete the internship
- Preference will Preference will be given to first time Maxwell candidates
- Previous Maxwell Scholars will be considered as funding permits
- Second round Second round applications must build upon previous Maxwell experiences, and thus be a more substantive proposal
Please Please note the following:
- If you wish you wish to earn W&J course credit for the internship, you will be responsiblebe responsible for independently covering any associated tuition costs.
- You may not combine a Maxwell Internship Award with any other W&J award including but not limited to: Magellan (research award or Franklin Internship Award), Merck, EVS Grant, etc.
- You may apply for as many W&J awards (Magellan, EVS, etc.) as you like, and, if granted more than one, accept the award that best meets your financial needs and project goals.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements and wish to apply for the Maxwell Internship Award must submit the following documents by 5:00 PM on March 1514, 20172018. Please send all documents as attachments in a single email to email@example.com.
- A completed A completed Maxwell Internship Award application (available on Spireto be posted January 2018)
- A current A current résumé
- A current W&J transcript from WebAdvisor
- A copy of the internship offer
Finalists will be invited to interview with members of the Maxwell Selection Committee. Those who receive the Maxwell Internship Award will be known as Maxwell Scholars. Students who accept the award will be required to:
- Successfully complete their respective internships;
- Upon completion of the internship, submit a detailed reflective and financial report financial report of the experience to the selection committee;
- Work with the Development Office to update the Maxwell Family on their internship experience;
- Complete at least one semester at W&J after the internship experience
If you have any questions about the Maxwell Internship Award, please contact Tyler Tenney, Coordinator of Co-curricular Innovation Student Success Consultant (firstname.lastname@example.org).