In This Space
One of the best ways to secure a brighter future is to seek experience outside the classroom, most often in the form of internships. Internships can help you make decisions about your future career and also can help you begin to build a network of contacts within your chosen field.
Below are photos of from past Franklin Award Recipients (stay tuned....more features coming). They participated in internships in Kentucky, New York City, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Washington D.C.
Examples of past internships:
- observing preliminary hearings as a Legal Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
- researching effects of diesel exhaust on miners with NIOSH
- evaluating worker conditions in Carnegie, PA
- expanding knowledge of marketing world in Geneva, Switzerland
- preparing weekly finance reports for Worldwide Pants and CBS
Explore the following experiences of past students who forged their own career paths outside of the classroom.
Talk to advisors, professors, career services, family, and friends to begin gathering ideas for options. Using your W&J CCN account, attending job and internship fairs sponsored by WestPACS are a few examples of ways to search for internships on-line.
This page has no comments.