Each applicant is required to present a minimum of 15 academic units in the following distribution:
- three units of academic English;
- three units of academic mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II);
- two units of the same foreign language;
- one unit of history, social studies, or natural science;
- and six more academic units from the above areas.
(Most applicants have more than the minimum academic units)
When considering an applicant for admission, primary emphasis is placed upon the academic record and rigor of curriculum, followed by the highest available standardized test scores (unless applying Score-Optional).