In This Space
If you would like to add a person without a W&J email address to your Sakai site, please follow the instructions below. If you would like to add someone with a W&J email account to your Sakai site, please follow the instructions available in this Knowledge Base Article: Adding New Members to Your Sakai Site
- Open your Internet browser (Sakai works best with Firefox or Chrome) and navigate to https://sakai.washjeff.edu
- Log into Sakai.
- Navigate to the Sakai site where you would like to add the member.
- Once in that site, click "Site Info" in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click "Add Participants" from the options bar within the Site Info tool.
- Add the participants' email addresses under Non-Official Participants as shown in the screenshot. Click the "Continue" button.
- Select the role you would like the participants to have. For more info on each role, see here: https://sakai.washjeff.edu/xsl-portal/help/TOCDisplay/content.hlp?docId=arbu. After selecting the role, click "Continue".
- Since this is a non-official participant who normally wouldn't access W&J's Sakai site you will want to check the box to "Send Now" so the user gets an email notification. If that participant has never used W&J's Sakai before, s/he will also receive an email walking them through the process for registering their W&J Sakai account. I have included screenshots for this towards the bottom of this page.
- This last screen shows you the status of the participants you are about to add to this Sakai site. To add them, press the "Finish" button. If you need to make changes, press "Back". To cancel without adding them, press "Cancel".
- If a Non-official participant has never used W&J's Sakai before, s/he will receive an email invitation similar to the one below when you add them to your Sakai site. In this case, s/he needs to click the link to accept the invitation to use W&J's Sakai and to register his/her account.
- The Non-official participant will also receive an email similar to the one below notifying them that you have added them to a Sakai site (as long as you selected "Send Now" in Step 8). If they have never registered to use W&J's Sakai, they must first follow the instructions to accept the invitation and register their account as detailed in Step 10 above
This page has no comments.