Attention: W&J Students, Faculty & Staff
Cold and Flu Season are upon us.
Please make time to get your annual flu vaccine and take the following precautions.
W&J College Health Service is offering the Fluzone Intradermal Influenza Virus Vaccine. The flu vaccine with the 90% smaller needle. Available to students, faculty, staff and their spouses between the ages of 18 to 64.
Cost: $20.00 payable by cash or check only (Checks should be made out to Washington & Jefferson College).
Student Health Center Hours: 9:00 am-5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Please note that the office is closed for lunch between 12:00pm -1:00pm.
Most area pharmacies and doctor’s offices are offering the flu vaccine.
What can the public do to reduce their risk of getting the flu?
One of the most proven ways to fight seasonal influenza is to get an injection or nasal spray of the seasonal flu vaccine.
The Department of Health recommends following these simple prevention tips:
• Sneeze or cough into a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands);
• Wash your hands with soap often or use an alcohol‐based sanitizer;
• Keep your hands away from your face – don’t touch your mouth, nose or eyes;
• Keep frequently used surfaces clean (like knobs, countertops and desks);
• Stay healthy – eat nutritious foods, don’t smoke, exercise regularly and get enough sleep;
• Stay home from work, school, and social gatherings (like concerts, parties, etc.) if you have flu‐like and feverish symptoms to help prevent others from catching your illness.
Cited from the PA Dept. of Health Website
Please call with any questions or concerns
Washington & Jefferson College Student Health Services
724-223-6047 or 724-223-6107