Application deadline for spring 2018 study abroad extended through October 8, 2017!
Basic Requirements and Eligibility
- Before beginning the application process, students should consult with their academic advisor and the Office of Study Abroad.
- Make an appointment now!
- Students need at least a 2.5 grade point average to qualify, but some semester-long programs may require a GPA of up to 3.0. Students should have the required GPA at the time of application.
- Students may study off-campus as early as the first semester of their sophomore year, and as late as the first semester of their senior year.
- Students applying to a program in a country where English is not the national language are encouraged to have taken at least elementary courses in the language of the host country; some programs will require intermediate to advanced language ability.
- Students on academic or disciplinary probation or suspension, or with other serious disciplinary violations, are not eligible for off-campus study.
- Students with delinquent financial accounts are not eligible for off-campus study.
- Consult the Office of Study Abroad for specific program eligibility requirements and openings.
- While abroad, students must be registered as a full-time student taking a minimum of 12 Washington & Jefferson College credits