Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


If the College receives a report of a potential policy violation, particularly a violation of the College’s drug, health and safety, and/or weapons and explosive materials policies, the Dean of Student Life or Dean of the Faculty or his/her designee may authorize a search in writing.  The Associate Dean of Student Life, the Associate Dean/Director of Residence Life, or the Assistant Director of Residence Life must be present such a room search.  Only Campus Police Officers can perform room searches.

Protection Services Campus & Public Safety Office has a Student Consent Form for room searches that are used when students consent to the room search.  This should be signed prior to the room search.   A room search may also be conducted when a student gives verbal consent to a Campus Police Officer with the AOC present.