Washington & Jefferson College partners with AmeriCorps and Pennsylvania Campus Compact, as well as Jefferson Regional Hospital, to support of Volunteer Community Health Coach Program. to learn more about this program and its amazing success, read our story here. Without the support of CNCS and our partners, this program would not be able to happen.
What can you do?
- Ask your member of Congress to protect national service: Click here to send a message to your members of Congress.
- Share the follow link and the attached FAQ widely with your supporters, community partners, business leaders, mayor, newspaper, members, students, faculty and staff so they can also send support to their Congress members: https://voicesforservice.org/take-action/contact-congress/
- Send a personal note and encourage others to send notes to Pennsylvania members of Congress, the more personalized the better. Here is some background information about National Service http://about.serviceyear.org/save_americorps_media_kit
- Author or co-author an op-ed. You can find talking points and other examples of op-eds at www.voicesforservice.org.
- Ask your mayor, business and/or community leader, volunteer, parent, or other supporter to write a letter to the editor of your local paper
- Prepare a press release outlining what the impact of elimination of funding for national service would mean to your organization or your community. You can find a sample press release you can customize at www.voicesforservice.org.