Fraternity & Sorority News
- Congratulations to Garett Pyle from Delta Tau Delta for being selected as Mr. President!
- Congratulations to Samantha Gagliardo a member of Delta Gamma for recieving a $500 Scholarship from Order of Omega!
- The Fall 2013 Grade Report is now available! Visit our Academic Excellence page to see how well our Greeks did!
- Congratulations to Kenny Roberts a member of Phi Kappa Psi for being elected at the national level by Phi Psi as one of their collegian leaders, an Archon. Kenny along with 5 other collegiate members represent the six Districts of Phi Kappa Psi, which divide the nation into roughly equal parts based on the number of chapters represented. Archons are elected during meetings of each District during Woodrow Wilson Leadership Schools, held during odd-numbered years. Kenny a senior at W&J is an outstanding leader and fraternity man.
- Order of Omega Greek Leadership Honor Society will be taking applications in September 2014 for their new class. You must have above the all-Greek GPA, be a Junior or Senior for Fall 2014, and be involved in your chapter and the Greek community.
- Gamma Sigma Alpha Greek Academic Honor Society will be accepting new members who are a Junior or Senior in Spring 2014 and hold a 3.5 or above GPA at the start of their Junior year, or any semester during their Junior or Senior year.
About W&J Greek Life
Washington and Jefferson College is home to ten Greek Letter organizations: six (6) fraternities and four (4) NPC sororities, all of whom reside on campus in the College-owned Chestnut Street housing. The Greek Community at W&J is based on four standards that fraternities and sororities everywhere strive to achieve:
- Academic Excellence
- Service to the Community
- Friendship for Life
Our organizations seek members that reflect a commitment to these values. Approximately 42% of students belong to a Fraternity or Sorority during their time at W&J and include members of the Student Government Association Executive Board, many W&J Athletes, Homecoming Queens and Kings, members of the Mock Trial team and writers for the Red & Black newspaper.
The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life serves as a liason among the fraternity and sorority chapters on campus, the college faculty and staff, parents, alumni and the inter/national organziations. We provide educational programming, resources, leadership opportunities and service events to attain universal growth for our Greek community. We support the Greek organizations by serving as advocates for the students, advising the chapter leaders and also challenging them to live their life by their fraternal values and ideals. We encourage you to explore the website and discover the future of Greek Life at W&J! Please stop by the office, Room 326 of Rossin Campus Center or contact us for more information!